Friday, June 21, 2013

Run It Back

     
     Yes. Indeed I am back for round two of summer blogs. Why do I decide to write about random events and adventures? To be honest I am not too sure. Writing and rhetoric has never been a strong suit of mine, therefore all the text you will read is merely a bunch of written thoughts typed out as they come to mind. I guess blogging can be a productive way to take up time and without a Facebook I can give a little insight to my friends and family about life in The Capital City. As for this summer - Instead of living in Spain I choose someplace new. Someplace a bit more American... Georgetown.
     Nothing against living among locals from Catalonia (Spain), in fact they seem a bit more easy going compared to pedestrians walking the streets of DC acting like important political figures. Seriously didn't get through my first night without hearing how Obama's authorization of surveillance programs are affecting everyday life in the city or how difficult it is to finish immigration reform before July 4th. Wish we could all have recess in August.
#DMV
     Anyways, graduating college with the chance to work someplace new for the summer is pretty cool. As most of you know I am an advocate for thrill seeking travel adventures. With that being said, sources of transportation this summer include taking the bus, walking humid, cruising escalators, occasional tipsy taxis, riding the metro and most importantly shredding the shred stick. All posts you can prepare to hear about over the next couple months. I'd like to highlight a few things before we get started: I am not a professional scholar or philosophical intellect. I will have grammatical errors.Washington, DC is very political and not as exciting as a foreign country - still very venturesome you will see. I will still aim for my posts to be fun, exciting, interesting, wild, crazy, happy, heartfelt, and hopefully sober. Hashtags, for some reason, will still apply. And if you want a recap of last summer please refer to HapChap En Barcelona, my blog while living in Spain - Who just recently beat Tahiti 10-0 in the FIFA confederation cup. Highlights Here.
#gameon

No comments:

Post a Comment